Titli asana is a Sanskrit word which means Butterfly in English. In Titli Asana you have to move your knees up and down the same as the wings of a butterfly, so that’s why it is known as Butterfly Pose. The Butterfly pose is additionally referred to as the Purna Titli posture. Titli Asana is almost like as a bound Angle pose or the Baddha Kona Asana. This is often a simple exercise that will simply be performed once even with minimum directions from your trainer. Targeting primarily the legs, it’s the right cure to relax and stretch the muscles of the legs, especially once an extended day of labor or an intensive work out. Reclined Butterfly posture is another variation of Butterfly pose (Titli Asana).
Sanskrit Name: – Titli Asana.
English Name: – Butterfly Pose.
Position: – Sitting.
Steps of Titli Asana (Butterfly Pose steps)
- Sit in the Padmasana (Lotus Pose).
- Now position your legs in order that the soles of your feet are touching one another. Your knees ought to be bent.
- Attempt to position your feet as near your pubic area as possible, in different words, attempt to pull your heels inwards.
- Grasp your feet together along with your hands and keep your spine straight as much as possible.
- Now breathe in (Inhale) and place a hand on both knees.
- Breathe out (exhale) and move your knees up and down till your knees touch the ground. (If you are not able to touch your knees to the ground during the process, in that case only move your knee up and down and avoid over exerting. Push down your knees as much you can).
- Breathe in and permit your knees to come back up again.
- Breathe out and repeat this process fifteen to twenty times.
- You’ll speed up the lowering and raising of the thighs to further relax the muscles.
Benefits of Titli Asana (Butterfly Pose)
- Titli Asana is the Best exercise for relaxing and stretching the aching thighs.
- Butterfly Pose helps to open up the hips and thighs and improves flexibility.
- Titli Asana is a nice stretch for relieving stress and tiredness.
- It stimulates the reproductive and digestive organs.
- Helpful for girls throughout menstruation because it helps to alleviate a number of the discomfort and pain related to menstruating.
- Very useful for girls after menopause.
- Butterfly Pose is Good for pregnant ladies.
- Useful to the kidneys, bladder, endocrine gland, and ovaries.
- Regular practice of this posture will facilitate in easing the pain related to natural childbirth.
Variations in Butterfly Pose
- The Cobbler pose or Baddha Kona attitude (Bound Angle Pose) is another popular variation of the butterfly pose. The Butterfly pose may be a mixture of static and dynamic stretching; the Cobbler pose involves mostly static stretching and permits you to more deepen the stretch skilled by the Butterfly pose. For attempting Titli Asana (lion pose), clasp the soles of your feet and target trying to open them as if you’re gapping the pages of a book. At the same time bend forward whereas keeping your back rounded so the load of your elbows on your thighs permits them to more open up.
- Reclined Butterfly pose, because the name suggests, maybe a variation of the Purna Titli Asana that’s performed whereas lying down flat on your back rather than whereas sitting up. It’s almost like the Supta Baddha Konasana (Bond Angle Pose) conjointly called cobbler posture. This supine pose provides a deeper sense of relaxation and maybe a sensible stretch for not solely the thighs however conjointly the back and chest. Titli Asana (lion Pose) is incredibly effective after you are tired and wish to stretch your back and legs at the identical times.
Don’t attempt Titli Asana, if you are suffering from a recent injury, surgery, or in any pre-existing medical condition. Consult a good doctor and yoga expert before doing any type of yogic activities.