Janushirasana is a Sanskrit word, in which the meaning of “Janu” is knee or Knee joint and “Shirsa” stands for head. The Pose is done by keeping your head with the knee joints or you have to touch your knee by your head. So Janushirasana is also known as Head to knee Pose. Head to Knee Pose is easy to do and best exercise for children. Before Paschimottanasana, practice this asana once you are master in it then go for Paschimottanasana.
Position: – Sit Upright
Level: – Intermediate
Steps of Janushirasana (Head to Knee Pose)
- Stretch your legs in forward direction.
- Now bend your left leg, by your left leg heel press your anus.
- Breathe in; Lift up your both arms over your head.
- Breathe out and bend forward. Hold your right feet big toe with your hands.
- After that inhale in the upright position.
- Now breathe out, during Breathe out bend forward and try to touch your crown of head (Forehead) to your knee. At that time, Pull your anus inward and draw your stomach and navel inward also.
- Keep the right leg straight at the time. Hold the position for few seconds after that release the pose slowly.
- Repeat the process with your other leg.
- Repeat this around 4 to 6 times.
Benefits of Janushirasana (Head to Knee Pose)
- Best exercise for reducing belly fat.
- It is Beneficial in Constipation, seminal weakness, Dyspepsia.
- It reduces the pain in the legs and waist.
- It gently massages the internal organs (liver) abdominal organs and spleen.
- It strengthens the rib bones.
- This asana makes your spinal cord flexible.
In case of severe back pain or pain in the stomach, then don’t perform Janushirasana (Head to Knee Pose). Always concern the doctor and Yoga expert before doing any yogic activity.